That is correct.
Not sure, he's the one who was fire department for a long time if I'm thinking right.
What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.
That is correct.
You can never rise above the image that you have of yourself in your own mind."
[ QUOTE ]
I hope Marlene Bush isn't representative of the general Appalachia population.
[/ QUOTE ] I hope that she is [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
RE-ELECT MARK HUTCHINSON SB DISTRICT 1.
DONALD DUCK FOR SB IN DISTRICT 2 & 3. [ALL CANDIDATES ARE WORTHLESS]
RE-ELECT KYLE FLETCHER SB DISTRICT 4
[img]http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n261/aphrodite4evermore/wildcat.jpg[/img]
Let her be, and the voices for consolidation will grow louder and louder [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future
yeah i bet.
RE-ELECT MARK HUTCHINSON SB DISTRICT 1.
DONALD DUCK FOR SB IN DISTRICT 2 & 3. [ALL CANDIDATES ARE WORTHLESS]
RE-ELECT KYLE FLETCHER SB DISTRICT 4
[img]http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n261/aphrodite4evermore/wildcat.jpg[/img]
Did you listen to her aphrodite? Even if you 100% support her, and absolutely want the schools, her defense is "WE WANT THEM". Guess what, I want a trip to Hawaii tomorrow, and a new car, and several other hundred things, but affording them is a challenge.
She took the comments of an educated, learned person and refuted them basically by going 'nuh uh'. The first person that spoke, the teacher who is always the first one to write and defend the school, at least had some reason and showed herself prepared to speak (even though I did laugh at her saying 'skoo' instead of school *lol*) Coming up to a public forum, where people are watching, and you're wanting them to support what you think (and you're not just trying to get a slow children at play sign or something), you need to have facts, information and some valid reason to get the people who control the purse strings to think you're on top of the game, and yes, are speaking from your head, not just your heart.
My heart tells me I don't want to work, I'd be a lot happier person if I didn't have to work. Unfortunately my hesd tells me that I can't afford to do that. You can't forget your heart in making important decisions, but you also have to use your head, or you find yourself sitting at home, with others paying for everything you get or have, and most likely with a pile of debt you'll never see the end of.
I'll address something you said earlier. Mentioned the windows not being able to open, and you said thats something that needs to be fixed. Do you know that they can't fix the windows? That would be considered an improvement, and if they start doing improvements, they have to adhere to those laws and regulations that they are able to grandfather by right now. Why do you think that they haven't been doing some renovations previously? Fixing a busted sink, they can do. Fixing a busted window, they can do. Any major renovation, they become subject to getting the building up to codes.
That all being said, there is tough decisions to be made. Something is going to have to be done, the county has paid the minimum payment due (an analogy to a credit card, not saying that they actually are paying a minimum) for years, now the debt is huge, the minimum payment is breaking them, they are getting no closer to paying the debt off and they sure can't pay the whole thing off (to avoid the interest).
Hey if Mr. Anderson was right, and Thomas Walker somehow found a way to pay more taxes to keep their school open, then that is something that Wise County needs to consider.
What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.
1. Awesome post-my thoughts exactly. Regardless of your stance on an issue, at least educate, research, empower yourself so that when you step up to the podium to speak, you have a little more than "We want it, nuh-uh, and hey people" as your ready made rebuttal.
2. You are wasting your time replying to anything you get from ~. That kind of closed-mindedness, whether you stand on one side of an issue or another, cannot be rationally discussed.
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future
[ QUOTE ]
Sports teaches people how to be winners. Thats the problem with most of you losers, you never have been winners. I hope every Dawg shows up tonight to the BORED of supervisors meeting and let them know how much we plan to keep our school and no crap like Ron FlimFlam Man Flanary is trying to pull.
If I can make it tonight, I'll be there wearing my Dawg Jacket and telling every stinking bored member that I pay their salary, they can stop trying to pull the wool over this dawgs eyes!
[/ QUOTE ]
Remind me again how many businesses have located in Appalachia lately.
Sports should never come into a discussion about building new schools. As Mr Flanary said, this isn't about sports, it is about EDUCATION.
I guess those in Appy do not care if their kids are dumber than a sack of coal. All that matters is that they are 'winners'.
Small schools would be all well and fine if Wise Co. were sufficiently affluent. Or if Wise Co. didn't have the road system it does.
Wise Co. would be well served to construct three new schools. Wise East in Coeburn along 58A. Wise West along 23 near PVHS. Wise North (or Central) along 23 between Wise and Pound.
[IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]
the only windows ive seen that didnt work at school were bolted shut, now you're telling me the cant unbolt them or replace them?? This is what I ment by fixing them, sorry for not clarifying that.
RE-ELECT MARK HUTCHINSON SB DISTRICT 1.
DONALD DUCK FOR SB IN DISTRICT 2 & 3. [ALL CANDIDATES ARE WORTHLESS]
RE-ELECT KYLE FLETCHER SB DISTRICT 4
[img]http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n261/aphrodite4evermore/wildcat.jpg[/img]
elp6n your post was too funny. This situation of consolidation makes me think of a saying, "When all is said and done, more is said than done." Someone is going to have to step up and start the ball rolling and I think Mr. Flanary has done this. It is a brutal assessment and there are some areas of concern but like it or not in order for this area to thrive we have to concern ourselves with education and not sports. I think if we truly love sports we can pull for Wise West, Central or East as long as the children are getting a quality education in the appropriate setting.
Bookmarks